Joint Stock Company Transneft North is a subsidiary of the Transneft state company in the European North-West of the country. Transneft North is strategically important for the entire Timan-Pechora Oil and Gas Basin.
Transneft North is the Usa — Ukhta and Ukhta — Yaroslavl oil trunk pipelines. The company was created in the first half of the 1970s, during the period of active production at the Timan-Pechora Oil and Gas Basin.
On 19 April 1973, the Ukhta Regional Oil Pipeline Directorate was established as part of the North-Western Oil Trunk Pipeline Directorate of the Chief Directorate for Oil Transportation and Supply of the Ministry of Oil Industry of the USSR.
In 1974, the Usa — Ukhta oil trunk pipeline was commissioned, followed by the Ukhta — Yaroslavl oil trunk pipeline. On 12 May 1975, the Northern Oil Trunk Pipeline Directorate was established at the Ukhta Regional Oil Pipeline Directorate. This date is considered the foundation date of the Company.
On 13 March 1991, the NOTPD was renamed the Operational Association of Northern Oil Trunk Pipelines of the Chief Directorate for Oil Transportation and Supply of the Ministry of Oil and Gas Industry of the USSR.
31 August 1997, Severnye Magistralnye Nefteprovody was established as part of Transneft.
On 9 October 2014, SMN was renamed Transneft North.
Transneft North operates more than 1,560 km of oil trunk pipelines running across the territory of four regions of the Russian Federation: the Komi Republic, as well as Arkhangelsk, Vologda and Yaroslavl Regions.
Transneft North’s oil pipeline system begins in the subpolar region and operates under the conditions of a harsh climate, mud-flooded roads and highly damp areas, in places full of rivers.
Main Business Areas:
- oil transportation via oil trunk pipelines;
- trunk pipeline transport operation;
- accident prevention, inspection and repair of facilities and structures of oil trunk pipelines;
- design and construction of buildings and structures for oil trunk pipeline transport operating facilities;
- organisation of work to ensure environmental protection in the areas of oil industry facilities;
- oil storage.
Today, Transneft North includes:
- the Usa – Ukhta and Ukhta – Yaroslavl oil trunk pipelines;
- the Ukhta-1 oil pumping station — the Ukhta pipeline commissioning site, a section of the Usa — Ukhta oil trunk pipeline of 11.5 kilometres, which supplies oil to LUKOIL-Ukhtaneftepererabotka;
- three Regional Oil Pipeline Directorates (RPDs) – the Usa, the Ukhta and the Vologda, which include 14 oil pumping stations (OPS) and 4 tank farms;
- the Regional Training Centre;
- the equipment and facilities of the Company meet modern standards and allow to face all the challenges of delivering the target oil volumes while maintaining the safety of operations.